Brake Service Repair and Inspections
Brake Inspections Carmichael CA
Below is list of work we complete on each vehicle. Some brake inspections require more rigorous testing and repair because of the deteriorated condition of the brakes.
Brake System Inspections
- Brake Shoes or linings measurement. Brake Shoes or linings can be no thinner than 3/32 to metal.
- Brake Drums and rotors must be within manufacturers specifications.
- All braking hardware must be present, installed correctly, and in working order.
- No signs of fluid leaks in the hydraulic system, this includes master cylinder, wheel cylinders, calipers, valves, lines & connections.
- Check all hoses. No cracks are allowed.
- Warning lamps. They must glow when they are supposed to glow and be off when they are supposed to be off.
- Emergency brake must be capable of holding the vehicle on a 6% grade.
- Vehicle must be able to stop (panic) in less than 20 feet at a speed of 25 mph.